If you like to be inspired and have fun! This is the course for you! • Designed by teachers for teachers.
• Activities tried, tested and approved by children.
• Methodology renowned by teachers internationally.
• Innovative, effective and easy to apply.
• Icelandic school visits.
• Eco-awareness activities throughout the course.
• Play-based and mindful.
STPM is an innovative 7 day course in Iceland with play, creativity and well-being at its core. This dynamic course will give you a comprehensive, first-hand experience of Smartenglish and Play To Learn More methodology as well as a close-up and personal insight into the Icelandic school system with educational visits to local schools.
By combining their programmes, Sarah Jane Anthony from England (living in Spain) and Kristín Einarsdóttir from Iceland have created a truly exciting and practical course which focuses on learning, developing confidence and creativity through play, movement and sensory activities.
As part of the course, you will have the opportunity to visit Icelandic schools at each educational stage. You will witness, first-hand, how Iceland, with only 330,000 inhabitants, produces so many well-known athletes and musicians. You will see how sport and practical subjects, such as home economics, woodwork and art, are given the same priority as academic subjects at all stages of education.
On the course, we will explore how to teach academic subjects through play, movement and sensory activities which allow children to learn ‘in action’ without a worksheet or textbook in sight! These activities include movement games, storytelling techniques, sensory play and simple STEM projects; all which provide rich opportunities for language learning.
This course is ideal for Early Years and Primary teachers, Special Needs teachers, Foreign Language teachers and Subject teachers involved in Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) projects at multilingual schools. It is also a great opportunity to practise and improve your own English skills in relevant contexts. The activities are aimed at students from 1 to 12 years old however can be easily adapted for older students.
The course is run by Sarah Jane Anthony, an Early Years and Primary EFL education specialist, founder and director of Smartenglish Creative Language School in Alicante, Spain and Kristín Einarsdóttir, an experienced Early Years and Primary P.E. specialist from Iceland. Kristín is the founder and author of the acclaimed teaching method Play To Learn More where academic subjects are combined with play and movements to optimize learning.
“Smart Teachers Play More courses reflect our philosophy; teachers learn while having fun, sharing ideas and experiences with colleagues from different countries. They are truly unique, enriching educational courses set in a wonderfully inspiring settings.”
Local group meal
A big part of our course is our local group mail. We meet in a local Icelandic home in a party. We encourage our participants to bring local food or drinks from there home country. It is always interesting to taste a peace of each others culture and it bring people together in many ways!!
We do offer a Smart Teachers Play More tour for our participants which includes: A tour to the Blue Lagoon. A day tour to the Golden Circle. The Golden Circle include a stop at the Earth Quake museum in Hveragerði, Gullfoss (Golden Waterfall), Geyser and Þingvellir, National Park and a Northernlight hunting! Do you want to know more about amazing STPM tour?
• To introduce the ideology behind Smart Teachers Play More and observe first-hand how the project is working in local schools in Iceland.
• To give participants a close-up and personal insight into the Icelandic school system.
• To give teachers first-hand experience and the tools they need to teach academic subjects through play, movement and the senses.
• To give teachers the opportunity to share successful activities they use in their own school/country so we can learn from each other.
• To explore how parents and the local community can be involved in their children’s education.
• To help teachers plan the vision for their ‘Play to Learn More’ classroom with time to reflect on their individual schools and plan realistic steps for implementation and success.
• To have fun, share experiences and learn from like-minded teachers from different countries.
• To continue growing our network of teachers and schools from all over Europe and beyond!
As part of the course we will also provide:
• 1 group meal
• Local sightseeing tour
• STPM backpack
• Course material
We recommend places to stay. We also offer our own local tours of amazing Iceland with our Smart Teachers Play More tour package!