Learn all about the application process in KA1 and KA2 project in Erasmus+.
Improve your Erasmus+ application writing skills, learn about tricks and tips for Erasmus+ applications and prepare for your application.
It can be challenging to have an overview of all the opportunities available to schools in Erasmus+ and to understand the best way to navigate the complex application process. In this course participants will get a clear overview of the types of grants available in KA1 and KA2 in Erasmus+ school projects. The course is suitable for project managers with experience in running Erasmus+ projects and for enthusiastic teachers from pre-schools, primary schools and secondary schools that what to create their own project. The sessions will focus on giving up to date information about the Erasmus+ program and practical tips on the application process for different types of projects.
THE ACTIVITIES FOCUS ON:
- Finding the right grants for your project idea.
- Connecting your project to European priorities.
- Accreditation in KA1 – the key to sustainable Erasmus+ impact.
- Making sure that you apply for all grants available.
- Receiving tips on co-creating applications with colleagues and partners.
- Learning how to write applications.
- Getting feedback from peers on your project and application.
- Having time to focus on and create your own application.
The course will focus on getting a broad view overview of the Erasmus+ programme, a deep understanding of available grants in Key Action 1 – MOBILITY FOR PUPILS AND STAFF IN SCHOOL EDUCATION and Key Action 2 – SMALL-SCALE PARTNERSHIPS and COOPERATION PARTNERSHIPS. You will get an opportunity to reflect on your project ideas and start preparing you own application. Sessions will include practical tips, tricks and tools to make cooperation easier and make the application writing process easier. You will get an opportunity to work individually and with peers on your project idea and get expert feedback on your work.
- To introduce the opportunities available for pre-school, primary schools and secondary schools in Erasmus+ .
- To help project managers and teachers make the often complex world of Erasmus+ applications and grants easier to navigate.
- To receive tailor made tools to use during the application writing process.
- To give teachers a close-up and personal insight into the Icelandic school system.
- To understand the evaluation criteria of Erasmus+ applications.
- To give project managers and teachers the opportunity to share success stories and challenges from Erasmus+ participation in their own school/community so we can learn from each other.
- To help project managers and teachers plan their Erasmus+ participation to make the most impact in their institution.
- To have fun, share experiences and learn from like-minded teachers from different countries.
- To continue growing our network of teachers and schools from all over Europe and beyond.
The course is run by Hjörtur Ágústsson and the Smart Teachers Play More team in Iceland. Hjörtur has extensive experience in working with Erasmus+ programme. For 9 years he was working for the National agency of Erasmus+ in Iceland both in the field of School Education and youth. Hjörtur is passionate about supporting the creation of high-quality impactful Erasmus+ projects. Currently Hjörtur is working as a project manager of international relations and grants for the Reykjavik city department of Education and youth where he has successfully carried out more than 20 Erasmus+ projects in the field of school education and youth in the last 4 years.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR PROFESSIONALS ACROSS THE EDUCATION SECTOR:
This course offers learning opportunities for teachers and school staff across the education sector including: Kindergarten; Primary; Secondary; Adult education; Special Needs; Teaching assistants; School management; Vocational education; Higher education; and Student teachers.
VISIT ICELANDIC SCHOOLS:
As part of the course and with your Icelandic hosts, you will have the opportunity to visit Icelandic schools at each educational stage. You will witness, first-hand, how Iceland, with only 330,000 inhabitants, produces so many well-known athletes and artists. You will see how outdoors, sport and practical subjects, such as home economics, woodwork and art, are given the same priority as academic subjects at all stages of education.
SHARING GOOD PRACTICE AND NETWORKING:
We also provide the opportunity to share good practice during the course so we can learn from each other and find partners for future projects: KA1 projects, job shadowing opportunities and/or KA229 projects.
One of our priorities while you spend your valuable time with us in Iceland is your well-being. Every teacher is important to us and we want you to feel valued and comfortable throughout your stay. As well as the extra activities we provide as part of the course fee (see below), we work hard to ensure you have a really good time. We ensure lots of team-building and “get to know you” activities from day one and our courses are dynamic and fun-packed. We are genuine Icelandic hosts so you will get the real Icelandic experience and we are renowned to look after our teachers really well.
AS PART OF THE COURSE WE ALSO PROVIDE:
• Morning refreshments
• Cultural evening
• Visit to the local swimming pool and hot tubs
• Course material
• Certificate of attendance
CULTURAL ACTIVITIES AND SIGHTSEEING:
Join us on our own tailor-made local tour of amazing Iceland with our SMART TEACHERS PLAY MORE TOUR PACKAGE for both participants and their families! A great way to enjoy the wonders of Iceland, network and get to know your new European friends.
Don’t miss out on our EXCLUSIVE PARTICIPANT DISCOUNT VOUCHERS for a brand new trendy hotel we work with close to our course centre!
13.08.2023 > 19.08.2023
05.11.2023 > 11.11.2023
COURSE PRICE: 595€ per participant