Let’s get creative with language learning and enhance student motivation using fun projects and multi-modal techniques.
Revamp your language teaching and experience the Spanish way of life with friendly hosts and fun local activities!
This dynamic 7-day course will give you a comprehensive, first-hand experience of Smartenglish Creative Language School methodology.
You will explore how to combine specific language objectives with creative and multi-sensory activities. You will witness how these activities provide children with meaningful opportunities to actively engage with a foreign language in fun ways. You will experience these activities through a child’s perspective and feel their appeal as a much more attractive alternative to the regular use of worksheets or textbooks.
THE ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Movement and quiet games
- Storytelling techniques (including digital techniques)
- Art and craft
- Simple STEM projects
- Sensory play
You will discover that, just by adding a few simple Smartenglish techniques, these classroom activities can provide endless opportunities for fun language learning both through more implicit play-based activities for our youngest learners to more opportunities for reflection and creativity with language for our upper primary learners. We also encourage the use of eco-friendly, homemade and upcycled resources as alternatives to plastic versions often found in schools. We will show you how making classroom resources with children is highly motivating, increases concentration and gives relevance and context to the language we teach.
- To introduce the ideology behind Smartenglish Creative Language School and give real examples of how the project is working in local schools.
- To give teachers first-hand experience and the tools they need to combine a structured language programme with creative activities to teach foreign a language.
- To explore language learning opportunities as part of classroom routine, practical activities and storytelling.
- To try out a range of multi-modal language learning techniques.
- To explore the concepts of “language in action” and built-in repetition.
- To promote the use of eco-friendly resources in the classroom.
- To give teachers the opportunity to share successful creative activities they use in their own school/country so we can learn from each other.
- To explore how parents and the local community can be involved in their children’s education through storytelling and workshop events.
- To help teachers plan the vision for their ‘Creative Language Classroom’ with time to reflect on their individual schools and plan realistic steps for implementation and success.
- To have fun, share experiences and learn from like-minded teachers from different countries.
- To continue growing our network of teachers and schools from all over Europe and beyond!
The course is run by Sarah Jane Anthony and her highly experienced team of teachers from Smartenglish Creative Language School (SCLS), Spain. SCLS specialises in teaching young learners English as a foreign language. Sarah and her team have researched and developed their own program and methodology to teach English through creative, sensory and meaningful activities. SCLS offers courses on a range of creative English Foreign Language classroom themes for teachers locally and internationally.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR PROFESSIONALS ACROSS THE EDUCATION SECTOR:
This course offers learning opportunities for professionals across the education sector including: Preschool teachers; Primary teachers; Special Needs teachers; Foreign Language teachers; and Subject teachers involved in Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) projects at multilingual schools. It is also a great opportunity to practise and improve your own English skills in relevant contexts. The activities are aimed at students from 2 to 12 years old.
SHARING GOOD PRACTICE AND NETWORKING:
We also provide the opportunity to share good practice during the course so we can learn from each other and find partners for future projects: KA1 projects, job shadowing opportunities and/or KA229 projects.
One of our priorities while you spend your valuable time with us in Spain is your well-being. Every teacher is important to us and we want you to feel valued and comfortable throughout your stay. As well as the extra activities we provide as part of the course fee (see below), we work hard to ensure you have a really good time. We ensure lots of team-building and “get to know you” activities from day one. Our courses are dynamic, fun-packed and include activities on the beach. We are local hosts so you will get the real Spanish experience and we are renowned to look after our teachers really well.
AS PART OF THE COURSE WE ALSO PROVIDE:
• Morning refreshments
• A local trip to the beautiful village of Altea and a group meal
• Course material
• Certificate of attendance
Don’t miss out on our STPM discount at our course hotel in Alicante. We chose this hotel for its fantastic location: just 5 minutes from the beach, close to the old town and neighbouring the famous Santa Barbara Castle. This is an exclusive offer for our participants and their families only.
18.06.2023 > 24.06.2023 CONFIRMED
22.10.2023 > 28.10.2023 CONFIRMED
COURSE PRICE: 595€ per participant
COURSE I.D. for Erasmus +: 245155
23.06.2024 > 29.06.2024 CONFIRMED
20.10.2024 > 26.10.2024 CONFIRMED