If you love to play and have fun! This is the course for you!
- Designed by teachers for teachers.
- Activities tried, tested and approved by children.
- Methodology renowned by teachers internationally.
- Innovative, effective and easy to apply.
- Fun regional activities with local teachers.
- Eco-awareness activities throughout the course.
Experience a truly practical and inspiring course with wonderful beaches and the vibrant fiestas of Alicante to enjoy!
STPM is an innovative 7 day course in Alicante, Spain with play, creativity and well-being at its core. This dynamic course with local trainers will give you a comprehensive, first-hand experience of Smartenglish and Play To Learn More methodology as well as a experiencing the local festivals of “Semana Santa” on our April course or “Hogueras” on our June course. They are really exciting weeks to be in Alicante with lots to see and do.
New approaches and perspectives on teaching
By combining their programmes, Sarah Jane Anthony from England (living in Spain) and Kristín Einarsdóttir from Iceland have created a truly exciting and practical course which focuses on learning, developing confidence and creativity through play, movement, sensory and mindfulness activities.
On the course, we will explore how to teach academic subjects through play, movement and sensory activities which allow children to learn ‘in action’ without a worksheet or textbook in sight! These activities include movement games, storytelling techniques, sensory play and mindful activities; all which provide rich opportunities for language and subject specific learning. We also promote the use of eco-friendly homemade resources as alternatives to plastic versions often found in schools.
Opportunities for professionals across the education sector
This course is ideal for Early Years and Primary teachers, Special Needs teachers, Foreign Language teachers and Subject teachers involved in Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) projects at multilingual schools. It is also a great opportunity to practise and improve your own English skills in relevant contexts. The activities are aimed at students from 1 to 12 years old however can be easily adapted for older students.
The course is led by Sarah Jane Anthony, an Early Years and Primary EFL education specialist, founder and director of Smartenglish Creative Language School in Alicante, Spain and Kristín Einarsdóttir, an experienced Early Years and Primary P.E. specialist from Iceland. Kristín is the founder and author of the acclaimed teaching method Play To Learn More where academic subjects are combined with play and movements to optimize learning.
“Smart Teachers Play More courses reflect our philosophy; teachers learn while having fun, sharing ideas and experiences with colleagues from different countries. They are truly unique, enriching educational courses set in a wonderfully inspiring settings.”
• To introduce the ideology behind Smart Teachers Play More and observe first-hand how the project is working in local schools in Spain and Iceland.
• To give teachers first-hand experience and the tools they need to promote wellbeing and teach academic subjects through play, movement and the senses.
• To give teachers the opportunity to share successful activities they use in their own school/country so we can learn from each other.
• To explore how parents and the local community can be involved in their children’s education.
• To help teachers plan the vision for their ‘Play to Learn More’ classroom with time to reflect on their individual schools and plan realistic steps for implementation and success.
• To have fun, share experiences and learn from like-minded teachers from different countries.
• To experience the local festivals as the locals do.
• To continue growing our network of teachers and schools from all over Europe and beyond!
As part of the course we will also provide:
• Morning refreshments
• 1 group meal
• 1 cultural activity
• STPM backpack
• Course material
We work closely with a lovely local hotel which is 5 minutes walk from the beach and 10 minutes walk to the course centre with competitive prices if you reserve through us.