Activities to create a calm, happy and successful classroom culture.
Experience activities that can help you and your students to increase concentration, inner peace, self-esteem and empathy.
Just like there are different ways to train your body, there are also different ways to train your brain.
On this 7 day course we will show you how mindfulness and meditation training should be an essential part of our daily routine just like eating, sleeping and moving. By implementing it into your life and teaching, you will feel the enormous benefits for both yourself and your students. In a short time, you will start to feel better in your own skin, have more positive relationships with others and improve your concentration and work efficacy.
The activities include different kinds of meditation and quiet activities that can easily be implemented into our busy day.
THE ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Mindful meditation
- Mindful walking
- Body scans
- Formal and informal meditations
- Breathing and relaxation exercises
- Positivity and gratitude practices
- Now minutes
- Quiet Play to Learn More games
- Active listening
“Now minutes” is a special approach that is being used in Icelandic schools to implement mindfulness and meditation as a part of everyday school activities involving both teachers and students.
“Quiet Play To Learn More” games are calm activities where academic objectives are taught or reviewed through simple games.
Through “Active listening” tasks, participants learn techniques to “actively listen” to other people’s feelings and thoughts without judgement while showing them respect and full attention. These tasks are practiced throughout the course.
The sessions are highly practical and teachers experience the activities first-hand. Whenever possible we hold course sessions outside. The course also allows teams of teachers to have fun together and is great for team building.
Throughout the course, participants will have the opportunity to reflect on the sessions and adapt activities to suit their specific settings. All the activities can be adapted for children, adolescents and adults.
- To introduce the ideology behind Smart Teachers Play More.
- To give teachers first-hand experience and the tools needed to implement mindfulness and meditation practice as a part of the daily school routine.
- To practice a range mindfulness and meditation techniques.
- To explore positive communication and active listening exercises as part of mindfulness and meditation training.
- To experience positivity and gratitude practices.
- To observe the power of quiet activities to teach and review academic objectives.
- To give teachers the opportunity to share successful activities they use in their own school/country so we can learn from each other.
- To help teachers plan the vision for their open and supportive well-being classroom culture with time to reflect on their individual schools and plan realistic steps for implementation and success.
- To have fun, share experiences and learn from like-minded teachers from different countries.
- To continue growing our network of teachers and schools from all over Europe and beyond.
The course is run by Kristín Einarsdóttir and her team. Kristín is a qualified P.E., yoga and mindfulness teacher from Iceland. She is also the founder and author of the acclaimed teaching method Play to Learn More where academic subjects are combined with play, movement and mindfulness activities to optimise learning. Her passion is to train as many teachers as possible in the method in order to ensure that students everywhere can benefit from the powerful experience of physical and mindful learning activities. Kristin works with over 30 schools in Iceland and has organised educational courses and conferences for more than 5,000 teachers in Iceland, Norway, Spain, Croatia and Poland.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR PROFESSIONALS ACROSS THE EDUCATION SECTOR:
This course offers learning opportunities for teachers and school staff across the education sector including: Preschool; Primary; Secondary; Adult education; Special Needs; Teaching assistants; School management; Vocational education; Higher education; and Student teachers.
SHARING GOOD PRACTICE AND NETWORKING:
We also provide the opportunity to share good practice during the course so we can learn from each other and find partners for future projects: KA1 projects, job shadowing opportunities and/or KA229 projects.
One of our priorities while you spend your valuable time with us in Spain is your well-being. Every teacher is important to us and we want you to feel valued and comfortable throughout your stay. As well as the extra activities we provide as part of the course fee (see below), we work hard to ensure you have a really good time. We ensure lots of team-building and “get to know you” activities from day one. Our courses are dynamic, fun-packed and include activities on the beach. We are local hosts so you will get the real Spanish experience and we are renowned to look after our teachers really well.
AS PART OF THE COURSE WE ALSO PROVIDE:
• Morning refreshments
• A local trip to the beautiful village of Altea and a group meal
• Course material
• Certificate of attendance
Don’t miss out on our STPM discount at our course hotel in Alicante. We chose this hotel for its fantastic location: just 5 minutes from the beach, close to the old town and neighbouring the famous Santa Barbara Castle. This is an exclusive offer for our participants and their families only.
22.10.2023 – 28.10.2023 CONFIRMED
14.04.2024 – 20.04.2024 CONFIRMED
25.05.2024 – 01.06.2024 CONFIRMED
20.10.2024 > 26.10.2024 CONFIRMED
COURSE PRICE: 595€ per participant
COURSE I.D. for Erasmus +: 245161